Fans favourite lines
Question : What is your favourite Kris line about Freedom?
- Freedom’s just another word for nothin’ left to lose (Me and Bobby McGee)
Comments : Iconic, profound
- Just a broken song of freedom, he was never fighting for (Broken Freedom Song)
Comments : Spiritual reference, religious imagery
- Achin’ with the feelin’ of the freedom of an eagle when she flies (When I Loved Her)
- You wonder if I’m better off with freedom now to do the things I choose (From the Bottle to the Bottom)
- There ain’t no chain as strong as the will to be free (Third World Warrior)
Our site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. We may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
- Lord, help me to shoulder, the burden of freedom
And give me the courage, to be what I can
And when I have wounded; the last one who loved me.
God help her forgive me, I don’t understand (Burden of Freedom)
- Two favorites are from Living Legend (It was simple then, like the freedom when you fall) and From the Bottle to the Bottom (You ask me if I’m better off, freedom now to do the things I choose).
- It’s not so bad out here living alone, comfort’s a stranger away. And there’s a freedom you find on your own, that’s nearly worth what you pay. (Daddy’s Song)
NB: To the Bone is an often unfairly ignored album. It might be that it is connected in some way to the far more recent Closer to the Bone album. Both albums included some deeply personal, intense songs. Kris explores human emotion and spirituality through his own experiences and the viewpoints of others.